Preschool Aid for the 2023-2024 school year
Preschool team members create a safe, fun, and engaging learning environment. We foster learning through play, reading, crafts, and activities. Preschool Aids help implement lesson plans in a small group setting and assist lead teacher in all areas. We strive to give our preschool students the best first experience with school possible and prepare our Pre-K children to excel in Kindergarten. We look after the safety and well-being of all children in our care and strive to establish good rapport with both the child and their families.
- Mission driven
- Greet children and families during drop off and/or pick up.
- Actively engage with children in the room by playing, teaching, talking, singing, reading, pretending, crafting, etc.
- Assist lead teacher in all areas
- Create a warm and positive atmosphere for the parents and children.
- Assist in preparing, leading, and cleaning up craft activities, daily lessons, games, stories, or movement opportunities.
- Understand and enforce safety protocols.
- Attend all job-related meetings and mandatory trainings.
- Promote a team concept through a positive approach to supervision, communication, and interactions with others.
- Manage program resources responsibly.
- Help with cleaning and sanitizing of the room, learning manipulates, and toys.
- Keep the Preschool Program Director (Lead Teacher) informed of parental concerns and schedule changes.
- Demonstrate responsibility by following the daily schedule, consistently arriving on time for shifts, and being anticipating things that need to be done.
- Assist with swimming lessons once a week.
- Age 18 or older
- Experience with children (toddlers & preschoolers) and/or formal education in early childhood education.
- Hours are Monday-Friday 12:15-6:00pm.
- Exemplify and encourage the four character values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility, and a willingness to carry forward the mission of the Y.
- Must take the following trainings: CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Child Abuse Prevention. Must take these within 30 days of hire and then keep them updated.
- Must possess and demonstrate the ability to engage in all activities associated with the daily care and routine of children of multiple ages, including but not limited to: interacting with children at floor level, movement activities, lifting children, reading stories, engaging with small or large groups of children, leading/directing activities for large or small groups, and helping with toileting as needed.
- Must possess oral, auditory, and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with children, parents, and other staff members.
- Able and willing to work as a team member.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds from floor to approximately four feet off ground.
- Must be able to sit on the floor, get up from the floor, stoop or kneel at child’s level.