YMCA of Morgan County JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Preschool/Pre-K Program Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Operations Director
Revision Date: 06/5/23
Leadership Level: Program Director
Primary Function/Department: Youth Development
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Preschool/Pre-K Program Director at YMCA of Morgan County oversees the development and operations of Preschool/Pre-K and designs practices, processes, and procedures for strong program and project management.
OUR CULTURE: Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger, beginning with you.
1. Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
2. Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboards and develops them for success.
3. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
4. Manages the program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program; securing and scheduling the needed facilities; and creating and scheduling the classes, activities or events.
· Communication & Influence
· Developing Self & Others
· Engaging Community
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
· YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
· One to two years related experience preferred.
· Minimum age of 21.
· Within 30 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, Working with Program Volunteers, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens training.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
· The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate