The Operations Director is the day-to-day operational leader of the YMCA effectively collaborating with others to accomplish the mission and the strategic initiatives of the YMCA. The Operations Director provides leadership and direction to ensure that teams throughout the organization deliver high quality impactful and innovative programs and services. The OD strives to create an environment of developing leaders to deliver measurable, cost-effective operations which contribute to financial health and long-term sustainability.
- Direct and administer the operation of the YMCA including the interpretation and execution of established policies, the development of procedures and methods, staffing, evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs and operations.
- Plan and conduct a wide variety of programs and activities that maximize the facilities available, support the Cause and enhance membership.
- Direct volunteer activities of the YMCA.
- Assist in preparation and administration of the annual budget
- Represent and promote the YMCA in the community and develop positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and government entities.
- Assist in the organization and communication of the annual campaign and capital campaign.
- Serve as a member of the Y management team and support overall objectives of the YMCA.
- Act as liaison to State Alliance accounting MSO
- Performs HR onboarding and payroll related functions.
- Oversees various financial and administrative tasks.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Organizational Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change, models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- A minimum of five years of broad management experience, preferably in YMCA and/or not-for-profit sector, including strategic planning, board and volunteer development, and philanthropic development.
- Undergraduate degree with advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in community relations, fiscal development, financial management and board and volunteer development.
- Ability to attract, retain, lead, and motivate quality staff and volunteer leadership.
- Commitment to the mission and cause of YMCA and uphold its values and ethics.
- Must be an articulate spokesperson on behalf of the YMCA.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
- Ability to work within multiple cloud-based business applications.
- Efficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).
YMCA of Morgan County board and staff appreciate and support the dignity and worth of all individuals, recognizing the rich outcomes that occur when all perspectives are included at all levels. We are committed to creating a Board, staff, and constituency reflective of the current and future diversity of the communities we serve. We embrace and encourage differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make us all unique. The Y is committed to strengthening the foundations of community for all.
BENEFITS: medical, organization funded retirement, paid holidays, PTO.
Please upload resume and letter of application at Job Archive – YMCA of Morgan County (ymcamorgancounty.org) by November 30, 2023.